Thursday, August 2, 2007

After ATG RUP 5 Concurrent Managers Fail to Start

Last week I have installed the ATG RUP 5 on my TEST environment.
Everything goes smooth, all additional patche applied successfully, the application startup succesfully, great....

Today, I decide to make some order in this TEST environment and I run FND_CONC_CLONE.setup_clean to clean FND_NODES and all tables that refilled by autoconfig.
Afterwards, autoconfig on DB tier and APPS tier.
I checked the FND_NODES table and it looks like it populated successfully (without the old nodes from source environment...)
I run the adstrtall script to startup apps tier and the Concurrent Managers didn't startup!

The error mesasge I got was:
Could not initialize the Service Manager FNDSM_[SERVER_NAME]_[ENV_NAME]. Verify that [SERVER_NAME] has been registered for concurrent processing. Routine AFPEIM encountered an error while starting concurrent manager....

The cause of this problem is the change of FNDSM trigger in ATG RUP 5.

====================================================
The new FNDSM trigger code is:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER fndsm
AFTER INSERT ON FND_NODES FOR EACH ROW
BEGIN
if ( :new.NODE_NAME <> 'AUTHENTICATION' ) then
if ( (:new.SUPPORT_CP='Y') or (:new.SUPPORT_FORMS='Y') or (:new.SUPPORT_WEB='Y') ) then
fnd_cp_fndsm.register_fndsm_fcq(:new.NODE_NAME);
end if;
if (:new.SUPPORT_CP = 'Y') then
fnd_cp_fndsm.register_fndim_fcq(:new.NODE_NAME);
end if;
end if;
END;
====================================================

When we run autoconfig on db tier, new row inserted into FND_NODES but FNDSM and FNDIM are not created since db tier not supported CP/FORMS/WEB.
When we run autoconfig on apps tier, this columns are updated to 'Y' but FNDSM trigger is not run because it is fired for insert and not for update.

The Solution is :
1) Recreate the FNDSM trigger same as before but add "AFTER INSERT OR UPDATE ON FND_NODES".
2) Run: exec FND_CONC_CLONE.setup_clean; (with apps)
3) Run autoconfig on db tier and apps tier (in this order)
4) Startup apps tier.

There is no patch at this time to fix this probem, but when ATG RUP 6 will be available it will contain a fix to FNDSM trigger.
Full details in Metalink note 434613.1.

Cheers,
Aviad

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new blog, Aviad. Welcome to the Apps blogging community. I've added your blog to my blogroll, and I look forward to seeing your future articles.

Regards,
Steven Chan, Oracle

Aviad said...

Thank you very much for this comment and thanks for your wishes, Steven.
I realy appreciate you add my blog to your blogroll and I hope you will find my next articles interesting.
Best Regards,
Aviad

Sri Vejendla said...

Hi Aviad,
Its really great hint. This weekend i applied PF_ATG.RUP 5 and i cloned that instanace to another today.Conc.Mgr was not coming up.Your blog was really a great help on time.
Keep it up.

Thanks
Sri

Aviad said...

Thanks Sri.

Aviad

Anonymous said...

Yes Aviad. I had this same issue last month when i had to clone post ATG.RUP5. I had to do the same thing to have the CMs up on my Test Env.

Regards
Raj

Unknown said...

Aviad :)

Thank you for this,
I'm maintaining this site which isn't using cloning yet but after applying ATG RUP5 it still required this manual fix to set the concurrent managers running straight.

Plus I've referred some of my colleagues to this post and they found it very helpful as well!

Well done :)
Avi Kalvo

Aviad said...

Hi Avi,

Thanks! :-)
Hope you are doing great

Best Regards,
Aviad

MADHU APPS said...

Hi,How to find the 'Package' Version in apps dba?

MADHU APPS said...

Hi,how to find the Package Version in apps dba?